My client manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. They are part of a large global transportation company who is the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in all over the globe.
They have an outstanding career opportunity at their centralized, 24/7 state-of-the-art Customs Brokerage Processing Center in Columbia, South Carolina for an Import Manager. Relocation assistance is available.
• Oversees Import Brokerage Sector/Shift
• Responsible and accountable for all activities performed for sector/ shift assigned.
• Manages and coordinates customs clearance activities in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Ensures compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products being shipped through all of their nationwide facilities.
• Implements and trains on policies, procedures and service standards for customs clearance operations.
• Ensures all policies and procedures are consistently administered.
• Provides input into the development of procedures based on skill set and experience.
• Responsible for meeting key performance indicators targets.
• Must be a licensed US Customs Broker
• Has demonstrated experience in people management from coaching to performance mgmt for large team
• Applies considerable knowledge of all regulatory aspects related to importing
• Applies senior analytical and problem solving skills to remove barriers
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications
• Ability to share and support the core vision and values of DGF and its strategic direction
• Persuasiveness and negotiation skills
• Can demonstrate business and market know-how, innovation and change management.
• Has ability to manage to financial targets as assigned
• Typically requires BS/BA and 6-8 years’ experience in related field, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience
Compensation / Benefits:
• Salary: competitive TBD by salary history & experience
• Benefits: Full family benefits Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / 401K
• Relocation Assistance provided
At Crabtree & Eller, we specialize in Transportation and Logistics recruiting and have done so since 2004. Below is a standard Job Description for an Air Services Manager for a Global Freight Forwarder. Feel free to use this as a template to write your own Job Description specific to your company. If you would like expert help in finding the best talent in the market to fill a position like this, please consider talking with us about our services and how we can deliver on your needs. Click HERE to contact us. We look forward to talking with you!