A Leading Global Transportation Company (Fortune 500 Company) is looking for an experienced Manager of Air Services in the Cleveland OH area. The ideal candidate will possess 7-10 years of progressive experience in operations or related function in a transportation/logistics environment.
Relocation, if needed, is provided. The Division you will join offers time-specific, critical-shipments delivered domestically and globally, via air freight and ground delivery.
Responsibilities of the Air Services Manager
- Responsible for 1st & 2nd shift. That will include viewing the operation at times on the 3rd shift. You will have 3-5 supervisors and there are 10-12 hourly employees.
- Manage team of technicians for incident management, inventory and asset management, SLA adherence, preventative maintenance, and proactive monitoring. Identify and assist in the growth and development of team members
- Manage/coordinate with airlines to test applications following work-order completion
- Manage/coordinate change management activities with airport authority
- Provide required reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
- Attend and present to airport management and/or airlines
- Continually identify areas for service improvement
- Review and ensure Service Management obligations are being delivered and billed correctly
- Develop close working relationship with Account Manager
- Contribute to grow Service Management revenue
Requirements of the Air Services Manager
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of progressive experience in operations or related function. Transportation, including Air Freight, experience is a plus, not required. Strong change management experience is required.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience including directing the work of others who are exempt employees.
Compensation for the Air Services Manager
- Salary $XX – $XXX (TBD by salary history and experience)
- Salary Bonus
- Full family benefits
- 401K with a match
- Computer; cell phone
- Vacation Benefits
At Crabtree & Eller, we specialize in Transportation and Logistics recruiting and have done so since 2004. Below is a standard Job Description for an Air Services Manager for a Global Freight Forwarder. Feel free to use this as a template to write your own Job Description specific to your company. If you would like expert help in finding the best talent in the market to fill a position like this, please consider talking with us about our services and how we can deliver on your needs. Click HERE to contact us. We look forward to talking with you!