Director of Transportation (_________Location)
Our client is a well known and very successful ___________ company with a national footprint. They are looking for a Director of Transportation to help lead logistics as they continue to grow and expand. In this role you will direct and provide strategic leadership to develop optimize and manage short and long term initiatives to both maintain and improve on their best in class performance.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage Finished Goods Transportation to meet customer (internal and external) needs on $____ in product sales while maintaining department objectives.
- Direct and mentor all Transportation and Fleet Managers.
- Optimize carrier selection for all customers to achieve budget and on-time delivery objectives.
- Manage strategic planning for all transportation services and capacity analysis.
- Manage a $_____M annual freight spend while at the same time meeting Customer Service metrics.
- Oversee all fleet maintenance/replacement objectives for a 150+ refrigerated fleet.
- Direct all carrier performance reviews and create action plans to meet company objective for the future.
- Direct and support assurance of all federal and local transportation regulations as dictated by DOT, IFTA, UCRA and ARB etc.
- Create and maintain positive working relationship with Sales Division.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of DOT regulations and compliance is very important.
- At least 10 years of transportation/logistics experience.
- Prior management experience.
- Experience in SAP is preferred.
- Significant base Salary (commensurate with Experience) with a target of between $_____to $_____
- Plus a very significant bonus Program based on achieving objectives
- Full benefit package
- Relocation assistance
To be considered for this position you must have Transportation Management experience and meet the qualification above. If you have experience in the __________Transportation sector that would be a huge plus.
At Crabtree & Eller, we specialize in Transportation and Logistics recruiting and have done so since 2004. Below is a standard Job Description for an Air Services Manager for a Global Freight Forwarder. Feel free to use this as a template to write your own Job Description specific to your company. If you would like expert help in finding the best talent in the market to fill a position like this, please consider talking with us about our services and how we can deliver on your needs. Click HERE to contact us. We look forward to talking with you!