My client is the world’s leading provider of fully integrated bogie systems for the heavy haul freight market, with facilities spanning 40 locations across 10 countries and 6 continents.
This position is responsible for overseeing and enforcing all safety measures for the manufacturing facility to include inspection of work areas, products, and employee work habits to ensure that everything is in compliance with OHSA rules and safety guidelines and makes changes to improve the safety of the workplace as necessary.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements safety programs and recommends ways to improve health and safety in the facility.
- Works with management to investigate, determine root cause, and implement corrective actions
- Develops and conducts safety training for employees regarding required OSHA topics and other health and safety procedures.
- Creates and presents reports detailing health and safety issues to management team.
- Responds to on-site emergencies and accidents. Investigates on-the-job accidents and prepares detailed reports.
- MUST live within commutable distance of City, State
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational or Industrial Safety or related field is required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of OHSA guidelines.
- 5 + years of managing safety in a foundry, heavy manufacturing or related field
- Must have ability to confidently provide direction to management with regard to safety situations.
PAY / BENEFITS:
- Base Salary – $XX-$XX (TBD by experience & pay history)
- XX% Bonus plan
- Full Family benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching.
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
At Crabtree & Eller, we specialize in Transportation and Logistics recruiting and have done so since 2004. Below is a standard Job Description for an Air Services Manager for a Global Freight Forwarder. Feel free to use this as a template to write your own Job Description specific to your company. If you would like expert help in finding the best talent in the market to fill a position like this, please consider talking with us about our services and how we can deliver on your needs. Click HERE to contact us. We look forward to talking with you!